Liverpool St Helens Football Club has been awarded a grant of £75,700 by the Heritage Lottery Fund to support a heritage project that will celebrate the unique history of the club.
The project started in January 2017 and will highlight the Club’s place in the international history of rugby in a variety of ways. The project team will be working with key partners, including Liverpool Record Office, Edge Hill University, Cowley International College and St Helens College. Our partners are central to the project and will help us to share the archive with as wide an audience as possible, by carrying out a range of key activities:
- Students on placement will work with our project archivist to catalogue and digitise the archive
- A new website will follow the work on the archive and share information about items as they are rediscovered and catalogued
- A new book about the history of the Club will be published, bringing the story of Liverpool St Helens to life
- Students from St Helens College will design the exhibition, book and promotional materials
- Outreach work will take place alongside the exhibition, and an educational resource for schools will encourage them to visit and learn about the Club’s heritage